£35 per session (30 minutes)
How do ear candles work?
Ear candle treatment begins with long, hollow ‘candles’ which are manufactured using organic cotton and a selection of natural ingredients such as honey extracts, crushed herbs, and beeswax which are impregnated into the lining.
The candle is gently placed about a quarter-inch into ear and lit, allowing the flame to pass down the candle’s hollow center deeper into the ear canal. The warm air eventually comes into contact with colder air and a vacuum effect is created - drawing out any wax, candida, yeast and other debris that may be lodged in the ear canal. The movement and compression between the ear canal and the candle chamber generate air flow that functions like a chimney. This ‘chimney effect’ is what stimulates the sucking action.
The removal of excess wax and impurities helps to clear the inner ear and sinuses, regulates ear pressure and brings about a lighter sensation in the head and ears. Ear candling is also thought to induce deep relaxation, which is enhanced via the infusion of herbs and essential oils into the candle itself. This turns to vapour when the candle is lit which is then drawn into the ear canal where it creates a soothing, massaging effect that protects and softens any irritated areas in the ear.
Benefits of Hopi Ear Candles
|Modern methods of cleaning the inner ear (such as the use of cotton buds) can in fact push wax further into the ear which can cause a number of problems. Ear Candles are a classic clearance therapy which can benefit many problems around the ear and head area. The lymph system and metabolism are improved by this pleasant, completely painless method of local heat application and a number of psychological and spiritual benefits have also been associated with the treatment. A number of the main benefits are listed below:
- Removal of excessive or compacted ear wax
- Reduction of snoring
- Relief from problems such as sinusitis, rhinitis, glue-ear, tinitus.
- Reduction of inner ear irritation
- Relief from colds, influenza, headaches, migraines.
- Improves the lymph system and metabolism
- Stimulates blood / energy circulation
- Provides a soothing, light sensation around the ear and head area
- Relief from throat problems such as tonsilitus
- Can help to improve ones sense of hearing
- Reduces any ear pain experienced when flying / diving
- Invigorates the immune system
- Provides a deep and lasting sense of mental, physical and emotional relaxation
- Reduces Congestion
- Relieves the affects of stress.
- Stimulates important acupuncture points and reflex zones